We just published another Wilderplace build to Steam. This is the last significant beta release we plan do before launch. We’ve started getting our launch plan together – check out the new webite and press kit. Thanks again to all the testers that have made these last few beta releases possible. Here’s a summary of what’s new in beta 3.
- Make minor changes to certain groves to improve difficulty curve and pacing.
- Fix minor typos and dialog issues.
- Add secret area with secret monument.
- Add butterfly appreciation.
- Rename loggers to woodsmen.
Now with butterfly appreciation.
- Rewrite gamepad handling to make moving with the analog stick more responsive.
- Swap the positions of the undo and flee buttons on gamepad.
- Adjusted game speeds: default speed is now slightly faster and the game’s fastest speed is slightly slower.
- Redesign the monument to the mind reader’s overlay effect.
- Minor spacing fixes to menu screens and HUD.
- Fix issue where the reset button in the top right was disabled if the player fainted.
- Fix a bug with the positioning of the world map.
- Fix issue where transition animation didn’t play correctly when resetting a board or changing boards when playing at the fastest speed.
- Fix bugs caused by multiple toadmen on the same level.
- Fix edge case bugs with the final boss’s entrance.
- Add bounce animation when using the resonant talisman on stones.
- Refine vignette and tint effects: they’re now much more subtle.
- Rework spell and speech sound effects.
- Add some missing sound effects.
We’re making the last few bug fixes and level design tweaks before launch. Stay tuned for a launch date announcement soon!
Wilderplace can be wishlisted on Steam! The best way to keep up with the game’s development or request access to the Beta is to join the discord.